A must have when flipping to flower in your home grow
Fish Bone Meal (5-13-0) with 1% Calcium
Uses: A source of phosphorus, calcium, nitrogen and essential minerals for budding and blooming plants.
Coast of Maine Organic Products Fish Bone Meal is suitable for fertilizing bulbs, vegetable gardens, outdoor container gardens and trees and shrubs. It is made by dehydrating and grinding the bones from Pacific Whiting. It is preservative-free and an effective alternative for traditional steamed bone meal.
It is OMRI listed for use in organic gardens.
Available in 3lb bags.
Why Fish Bone Meal?
Pacific Whiting, or Merluccius productus, is a member of the hake family, one of the West Coast’s most important and well managed fisheries. Fish bone meal is a natural by-product of the processing of this catch and is made by dehydrating and grinding the bones into a meal. When used as a fertilizer, it is an excellent natural source of phosphorus, calcium, nitrogen, essential minerals and trace elements. Coast of Maine Fish Bone Meal is preservative-free and we use it instead of traditional steamed bone meal in all our fertilizer blends.
How to Use
For great results outdoors, apply in the spring after the weather warms. Because phosphorus moves slowly through the soil, it’s important to work it in well as it is needed by the roots. You can increase the effectiveness of Fish Bone Meal by mixing in other organic materials such as compost. Water it in after applying. One pound equals 4 cups.
- Bulbs – Add 1 tbs. per planting hole for medium-sized bulbs and mix with the soil.
- Vegetable gardens – Use 8 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and mix into the top 3” of soil.
- Transplanting from containers – For 1 gallon pot size or less, add 1 tbs. per planting hole. For holes larger than 1 gallon, add 2 tbs. per planting hole. Mix into the soil and water-in after planting.
- Outdoor container gardens – Mix 1/2 cup into 1 cubic foot of potting soil.
- Trees and shrubs – Use 1 pound per 2 inches of trunk diameter around the drip line of the tree once yearly. Rake it into the soil.
This product is OMRI Listed for Organic Use. Our Organic Plant Food supplements, including Fish Bone Meal, are all single source fertilizers that comply with the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) rules and are included in the NOP listing of all-natural, non-synthetic substances permitted in organic production. Caution: This product is non-toxic, but do not take internally, keep sealed, out of reach of children and pets and in a cool, dry place. Wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water after handling. This product meets the guidelines for metals adopted by the Association of American Plant Food Control Officials. Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product is available at https://www.regulatory-info-cm.com/